5 THINGS TO THINK ABOUT WHEN YOU’RE DEMOTIVATED AT WORK:
- Your reason why you’re working – All of us have our own reasons why we work. No one works for no reason. It could be your family, your children, your relatives, your personal career growth, your preparation for your future, your loved ones’ future or simply you have bills to pay.
- Your image to your co-workers and bosses – Since you’re demotivated at work, what could be the results? Tardiness? Absences? Low quality of work? Unfinished tasks? When you started at your work, you don’t possess all these behavior, do you? Don’t make “demotivation” drags your image down. They did not hire you for those behavior, right?
- Your boss or your HR Department – When you open up to your co-workers, they might not do anything about you; open up to your boss or to your HR Department instead. You could talk to them and tell your feelings honestly so they could be aware that you are demotivated. In that way, I believe, you will be enlighten. 🙂
- Your value – With all those behavior you’ve shown lately, do you think you can demand for a raise? Show them an employee that deserves a raise. Do your best and it will come the day you least expect it. 🙂
- Your soon-to-be-employer will have background check on you – Of course, time will come that you will be resigning because you’re very tired and just can’t take it anymore. Your employer can’t do anything to make you stay if you really wanted to look for another job or company and you’re just decided. Before you do it, just a friendly reminder, make sure that you’ve left your current company a positive feedback about you. 🙂
If you just avoid this “demotivating feeling” and just jump to other company thinking that you will not encounter this feeling ever again, then you’re wrong. If you go to your new employer without doing anything with yourself, it will be a temporary escape. Look at the brighter side! Surround yourself with people you wanted to be so you could be influenced by them. Change your mindset; your behavior will follow! 😀